finally, a fruit salad to love about

DSC_0458

Times are getting awesome, I snatched a great deal - a tray of kiwi berries from New Zealand for three bucks. I don't know if that makes me stupid, but I still think it's a great deal compared to the silly tray of raspberries beside that goes for eight bucks. These little soldiers are sweeter and slightly more fibrous that their adult brothers.

DSC_0460

Due to the bloody brilliant weather in Singapore, I felt like I was about to get a heat stroke in an air conditioned room. But it's okay because I've decided to make a fruit salad for myself. Yep. It's one of those super classified survival tips many people fail to understand. Fruit salad saves lives.

DSC_0461

I'm not going to post a recipe today, it's only going to be descriptions, because this is supposed to save lives. Let's get focused, alright?

What you see above is fresh passion fruit pulp. Mine's a little on the ripe side, it's way too sweet. So I added some extra virgin olive oil and a hint of salt. The olive oil is for fun and the salt is for rehydration. I mixed them up good.

DSC_0468

Then I wanted to have some more fun. Survival should be all about fun, by the way. If you haven't already know, that is. So I made some grilled banana scallops!

They just look right and taste right. If you're dying, well, they make you feel happier before you do, so this is essential I guess.

I sliced them into nice little coins, drizzled a little Grand Marnier and because I don't have a blow torch, I popped it into a toaster. Works pretty damn good.

DSC_0478

I chopped up some apples and added them with the kiwi berries, grilled banana scallops, some toasted pine nuts. It was finished with the passion fruit kinda vinaigrette. Mmmmm.. Freakin' awesome =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment