apple soup for the soul

DSC_0029

If you're sick and tired of the notion that chicken soup will remedy your cold then you're on the right page. Sometimes, just sometimes, chicken soup won't just do the trick. I mean yes it probably would to a certain extent, but there is still something lacking. Ugh, you might find it hard to figure what the heck is lacking, but don't worry I have done the research for you. It's apple soup. Yes, it very well could do the trick and you won't know it until you try it.

DSC_0006

It's no secret really, I used apples because I find them full of vitamins and minerals, a slice of lemon because it's always refreshing, ginger because I sense a warm healing property when I eat them, cinnamon and spices for a little bit of zany fun and rock sugar because my grandma once told me it's better than normal sugar.

If you've ever watched the powerpuff girls, they will always tell you they are invincible because they made of "sugar, spice and everything nice." This is exactly what is happening in this soup, so yeah you also call it the powerpuff soup.

Maybe its the placebo effect and maybe its a divine hippie secret uncovered, but hey, it tastes nice and it feels nice so who cares? It's damn easy. You ought to try it someday.

The Recipe
DSC_0013
Makes a liter.

2 Granny Smith Apples, sliced
1 cinnamon stick
1 thin slice of lemon
1/3 cup of rock sugar
1 tsp all spice
2 slices of ginger
1 liter of water

Dump them into a pot, bring to boil. Simmer covered for an hour. Strain and press out the juices from the apples. Serve hot or chilled.

DSC_0020

2 comments:

Anonymous | January 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I take you word for it, Doctor Dee. This looks much more appealing to me than the good ol' chicken soup. Yay, for the divine hippie prophecy! :)

Uncle Dee | January 13, 2010 at 8:04 AM

haha you're a funny man zenchef, thanks

Post a Comment