the art of instant noodle crafting

DSC_0796

When making instant noodles, I like to keep it simple. The soup base is readily prepared for us. If I wanted to mess around with it, I'd be better off making my own soup base. Underneath the unhealthy notion that MSG is bad for us, I cannot give a shit. In the middle of the night when I'm hungry and busy, I will make instant noodles. If it's two nights in a row, I'll make something else. Either way, you're going to find out, because I'll be posting it here.

Especially on a rainy night. I don't see why I should spend money on food deliveries when I have instant noodles at home and I'm hungry and I can cook.

Over the years, I have come up a list of things that can go well with a certain types of instant noodles. Give it a try if you like.

For Chicken based Instant-Noodles(Ramen)(Maggi Mee), things you can add:
- Sesame Oil
- White Pepper
- Hua Tiao Jew (Rose Wine)
- Chicken Franks
- Beaten Egg
- Leafy Greens
- Leftover Roast Chicken
- Char Siew
- Celery
- Cabbage (yum)
- Chili Flakes, Padi, it's good with heat

For Korean Kimichi based Ramen:
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Scallops
- Cabbage
- more Kimchi
- Bitter Greens
- Rice
- Tofu
- Rice Vinegar (just a touch)
- Ham
- Sancho Pepper
- Squid
- White fish fillets

For the curry base:
- Beaten egg
- Roasted Chicken
- Chickpeas
- Cabbage
- Cauliflower
- Fish Fillets
- More curry powder
- Lime
- Curry Leaves

For the Tom Yam base:
- Prawn
- Tofu
- Lemongrass
- Lime
- Radish
- Green Beans
- Soy Beans

0 comments:

Post a Comment